Facebook

See my Facebook Page - John Wright @ Facebook.com

Friday, July 8, 2016

TV

It occurred to me this morning that I have been neglecting TV. Then I realized that I have little to say about it. I watch some news (less and less all the time), a rare movie and some sports. iI isn't that I don't like TV, I do. It is just that there are few programs on that I enjoy. But, there are 2.

I like Gotham. I have no idea if it's coming back, but I found it surprisingly entertaining. This sort of prequel to the Batman saga is well done, intelligent and surprisingly dark. Actually, it borders on being sickly dark. Now, that's fine with me but, I guess I am getting old, because I was surprised that it was on at 8 PM. I thought that programming at that time was supposed to be geared toward families. I suppose it is a case of which family. The Manson Family might find Gotham suitable to their values, but most parents I know would find some objections to a program graphically depicting the scenes where Dr. Hugo Strange was trying to practice mind control via torture on Oswald Cobblepot, the Penguin. Oh well, times have changed and I am glad I don't have small kids.

The other program I find absolutely fascinating is Mr. Robot. The program is a brilliant attempt to depict the balancing act many have to practice to stay sane, employed and at the same time, engaged in some effort to stop some of the attempts at World control practiced by mega-business. The stories are choppy, almost hallucinogenic blends of gray reality with dreamscapes. This is an amazingly ambitious bit of programming and I am amazed that it is actually being aired.

That's about it for TV. Until something new comes up, at least we have sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment