Facebook

See my Facebook Page - John Wright @ Facebook.com

Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Dark Tower as a Movie

I loved every word of Steven King's 5 volume masterpiece The Dark Tower. Read the first volume, The Gunslinger and you will not be able to stop until you finish the whole thing (I believe it is somewhere around 4 or 5 thousand pages)

Now,  coming soon to theaters near you, a film version. Now, I vould see a TV miniseries, but a movie? How will the story be compressed that much. I see nothing that can be cut and leave the story comprehensible. Now, it is true that you could have some awesome special effects, but surely the story is more important than the effects, right? Well, in terms of todays movies, maybe not and that is why I will not waste $10 or more to go see it. I loved the books too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment