Facebook

See my Facebook Page - John Wright @ Facebook.com

Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas Carols

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas Carols, I live most of them, but, by the time the big day gats here, they set my teeth on edge. I just wish that stores and restaurants would tone things down a bit. Play them softly. White Christmas should not drown out all thought and conversation..

Establishments that want to play music should make some customized recordings and should vary the songs a lot. Please, please, get away from services like Pandora. I worked in a restaurant that used Pandora and they plated Holly, Jolly Christmas every 20 minutes, Had he been present, I might have strangled Burl Ives.

There us a lot. a whole lot, of fine Christmas music from all over the World.
and many fine recordings of old, forgotten crols.

So, play Jingle Bell Rock if you must, but play it softly and sparingly and try to find a little variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment